Thursday, October 15, 2009

In search of the path

An abbot asked his disciple,
“How does a man choose his Path?”

“Through sacrifice.
A path that demands sacrifice is a true path.”

The abbot bumped into a bookcase.
A very rare vase fell down
and the young man threw himself to the floor to pick it up.
He fell the wrong way and broke his arm.
But he was able to save the vase.

“Which sacrifice is greater,
to see the vase breaking down or breaking an arm to save it?”

“I don’t know.”

“So then,
do not try to guide your choice through sacrifice.

The path is chosen
by our capacity of compromising
with each step we make while we walk.”


~~ Paulo Coelho ~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always consider thoroughly through my options,
as I make plans for the future.

Yet the future is filled with the unknown.

Thus I remind myself,
that I must remain unfazed and calm in its face.

As changes approach,
I must adapt and rethink my possible paths.

There is no need to despair,
for when one door closes, another opens.




No comments: