Friday, December 10, 2010

Equilibrium

It's been almost three weeks
since my break started.

The first thing I always do
is to sleep as much as my body desires.

My profession requires me
to wake up at wee hours of the morning,
hence it is a norm to wake up feeling extremely unsatisfied.

Then started the vicious cycle
of sleeping later and waking up late.

Instead of feeling rested,
I felt more weary than before.

My biological clock is disrupted,
and the disruptions start to show on my face.

I started to appreciate having a job to wake up to,
having a purpose every day.

I am still enjoying my break,
which is ending in a few weeks' time.

But this realization of the importance of equilibrium,
makes me cherish my rest and work more.

Equilibrium sometimes requires discipline,
and that is why I am slowly adjusting myself,
to an early bedtime and wake up earlier in the morning.

This equilibrium I am trying to attain in my daily life,
I feel will bring about clarity and peace in my daily thoughts.






No comments: