Monday, May 19, 2008

Mossies

After that fateful night in my room,
the mossies decided that they
simply can't get enough of me.

And so last night,
they went on to have another party,
at the very place I lie at their mercy.

It must be a ladies' night,
since only female mossies bite.

And I woke up in the middle of it,
full of lovely red kisses left on me,
and coughing so hard, I barely can breathe.

As they say,
if you can't beat them, join them.

So up I went to on the lights,
only to find my sister, myself and I.

Darn mossies,
they are definitely getting better at this.

I remembered in my younger days,
I could easily wait, find and eliminate some,
to make myself feel useful.

And I wonder if they are also preparing,
for some sort of a mossies' Olympics.

For this morning I find,
the very area they bite coincide,
exactly with their previous likes.

So now, I've got bigger bumps,
at the same places where I have to keep numb.



No comments: