Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To be, and not to be.

It has been a trying 2 weeks,
with 3 subsequent doctors' visits.

One for the mosquitoes' bites,
that drove the skin into a frenzy.

Later on Sunday,
scalded the right arm with boiling soup,
while in a hurry to serve the delicious broth.

Was tearing so much,
while trying to calm down the red skin,
I thought I was at my brim.

Early this week,
Monday to be specific,
the left foot was swollen from some insect bites.

Filled with pus in the form of bubbles,
I could barely walk without pain.

Somehow the consecutive events,
affected me emotionally.

It was not just these,
but everything else as well.

Everything was going so fast,
everybody wants a piece of my time.

So what does that leave me?

I felt drained,
like some sort of recycled energy,
used, and reused, endlessly.

So again,
what does that leave me?

Doctor gave me a day to rest,
I woke up in the morning mildly refreshed.

It dawned upon me,
that I badly needed a break.

From the work frenzy,
that never stops adding on to me;
from the pace, this place, and
what this city expects of me.

I feel sick,
yet I have no time to be sick.

C told me
her suspected condition late last week.

They worked us too hard,
she whispered.

She didn't have time,
to collect the doctor's report.

It makes me wonder,
what is going on?

Don't we have to first take good care of our lives,
before we can take care of everything else.

We are taking it all wrong.

They are thinking it all wrong.

For if money can buy everything else,
money cannot buy a time,
to stop and take care of ourselves.

The time to sleep well,
to see the doctor and get well.

The time to be calm and patient,
to take a deep breath,
to control that nasty little temper.

The time to be a little kinder,
to those around us.

The time,
to love and be loved.

I needed all that time,
to learn to be a better person.

For that disgruntled grumpy lady,
that is growing in me.



1 comment:

CW said...

Oh my!
*hug*
One bad thing about internet, I can't really give you my hug, nor could I could just be there for you.
Saying nothing, but just be with you...
A rest for your spirit is needed! Don't strain yourself, dear.
You will be in my prayers.

With love,
CW