Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Changing for the better

I am a rather careful eater.

I always try to think through
what I am putting into my mouth
before I act upon it.

However sometimes when the mind gets so tired,
it is not in the right stage to think about such things,
especially when the stomach is simply yearning for food.

Hence I ended up eating instant and processed foods,
mostly at the end of the day.

Recently I have been rather inspired
by CS who always tries to make salads for work,
some colleagues who have really sumptous home-made salads for lunch,
and The Book: The Amazing Adventures of the Diet Girl.

You know, I love salads. :)

I simply love the taste and smell of fresh vegetables,
best with cheese and ham.

But I reckon that making salads at night or in the morning
are not quite possible given the weariness at those time of the day.

So today I changed my diet a little,
having salad for dinner. :)

So far everything was great,
except for that cheap smokey ham my Mom bought.
The after-taste was quite unbearable for me.
Nevertheless, it was a good start.

Tomorrow onwards,
I shall move on to another chapter
of my gastronomy journey.

My usual wholemeal bread for breakfast,
a full lunch with minimial carbohydrates,
salad for dinner, with plenty of fruits in-between.

I am so looking forward to sticking to it,
and shopping for my salad input with CS every weekend.

Kudos to good health and a happy mind!



3 comments:

秀玲 said...

I normally prepare 2 boxes of salad on Sunday night. It has lecttuce, red pepper, small cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Sometimes, I put apple also. I will bring it to school the next day and put it in the fridge. Same for me, I have wholemeal bread for breakfast, then eat salad with hard boiled egg and tou fu during my recess, or eat it with lunch. It can last at 3 days in the fridge.

Cheese is good. But don't eat so much ham or sausage, it is very bad for health.

Mark said...

Nice story! I'm the same, I tried vegetarianism for a while and try to think about the things I eat. It's tough!

My recipe for a healthy, sharp dressing is 3 parts apple cider vinegar, 1 part balsamic, and 2 parts olive oil. A bit of salt and pepper and that makes the leaves nice and scrumptious.

Best of luck on your gastrointestinal undertakings! (haha!)

Cool blog, btw...oh yeah and I read Veronika Decides to Die by Coelho, sweet author!

Mark

蓝月 said...

Xiuling, how i wish you are still here, then I can share your salads. :p Makes me drool just thinking about it.


Hi Mark :) Glad you like Coelho Paulo too. He never fails to provoke my thoughts.