Friday, September 21, 2012

In his shoes

Had some terrible nightmares
of monsters and ghosts,
those nightmares most of us would have
when we were much younger.

Still,
they were scary as ever.

Tried to wake hubby who was sleeping like a log,
he did not even stirred.

As I layed still underneath the blanket,
waiting for my ridiculous fear to subside,
I thought of my son,
who was happily kicking away.

We intend to let him sleep in his own room from young,
no sleeping in with us.

But what if he has horrible nightmares,
like his imaginative mother?

He will be alone,
in his room.

I told hubby of this thought the next day,
and asked if we should change our minds 
about him sleeping alone.

Hubby says no.

We will be able to hear him when he cries,
he reasoned.

Well, hubby didn't even stir
when I was drenched with fear.

 But I guess we should try,
enforce what we think is right,
and evaluate as time gets by.

Though somewhere in my little mind,
I think I will go and sleep with my baby boy,
when monsters and ghosts come to play,
till peace, love and all things beautiful drive them away.



1 comment:

Bro said...

Monster Inc...