Monday, September 24, 2012

Maternity Leave

Today is the officially first day of my maternity leave,
well if we discount Saturday and Sunday.

I am so glad to be able to stay at home rest
and not have to pull myself and baby out of bed
in the wee hours of 5-ish am to go to work.

As my tummy gets bigger,
it gets easier to feel breathless, panting and tired,
even though I am not walking much.

Sometimes this physical weariness
comes with the intense pressure on my bladder,
and it really feels bad.

As usual,
last night I didn't get to sleep much.

Woke up respectively
at 2am, 4am, 5.30am (due to my stupid hp), 7am (due to hubby's alarm)
and finally doze back to sleep better for a good 2 hours
before I wake up at around 10am.

Sleeping patterns like that are crazy,
I am surprised by my ability to cope.

What comforts me
is my little darling happily kicking away whenever it frustrates me,
and I think to myself,
it doesn't matter as long as he is safe and sound in me.

Sometimes the discomfort and unsettled feelings
makes me think of my mother.

You will not really know how much your mother has to go through,
until you go through it yourself.

I love my mother a lot before I got pregnant.

I love her more than ever now.


No comments: