Saturday, October 04, 2008

Burnt

I think Parv is right.

We have the same problem,
we don't know how to refuse people.

When people ask something of us,
we would normally try to get it done or obliged.

And my parents never taught me too,
that people just keep asking for more,
when you're too obliging.

I feel very weary.

And that's an understatement.

Yesterday,
someone refers to me as an high-flyer.

They do not understand,
that I was forced to fly when,
I was suddenly brought to sky high.

I do not want this,
just like I do not want to be taken for granted.

If you give me a bad name,
just because I fail to oblige,
so be it.

I've decided,
that pleasing everyone,
is too detrimental to my well being.

I feel very weary.

Go ahead, without me.


4 comments:

nefertiti said...

the term's coming to an end... some much needed rest. But when sch starts, the vicious cycle starts again. Here's to strength and perseverance!

秀玲 said...

Yes, be yourself, be who you want to be, and not what people want you to be.

Take care.

蓝月 said...

yes, we all needed some good quality rest. *hugs*

can't wait to see you next saturday! our vaginal monologues.

蓝月 said...

秀玲,要开学了,你也要好好照顾自己。再度当学生,应该很期待...