Sunday, June 10, 2007

寻人

To my dearest Siew Hoong,

I do hope this finds you well.

The day before, I was washing the Shrek cushion you bought for me. Do you still remember? The one with the donkey against the sky blue background.

I still remember clearly, I kept pestering ah-Boy to buy me the mud pie and that cushion that comes with it. He plainly refused. Actually, I don't expect him to. I just wanted to pester him that's all, although I really like that cushion from Burger King.

And then, one fine day you came back from lunch, carrying 2 BK plastic bags. And I was so touched when you passed me the bag with the cushion, and told me to share the mud pies you bought with the rest.

I'll never forget that.

And I'll never forget the picnic we had at Outdoor Theatre by the bay. You, being a male and all, actually made all of us nutritious chicken soup. I remember colleagues from other departments came with their fair share as well. I had a really good time.

And I'll always remember on my last day, the lovely bouquet of flowers you bought for me, and those lovely presents everyone got for me, even though my very own department entirely and conveniently forgot about me.

I'll always remember the 5 of us, ah-Boy, JaQ, Shiely, me and you. The jokes we made about the evil office politics in TECL, the way we supported each other through the bad times, and having seated safely between you and ah-Boy, just makes the times in Esplanade so memorable.

We went for Shiely's wedding today, Siew Hoong. And we all miss you. We do.

For whatever reason that we have lost communication, I do hope that one day we might be able to get together.

Take care of you.


Jenna

No comments: