Monday, September 03, 2007

As requested

Question:

Tell us about an interesting food pairing you have tried with a Vouvray?


My Entry:

My interesting pair came as a surprise when I was checking out a local cozy, contemporary-style French restaurant with Al fresco dining.

Started with pan-fried foie gras and was certainly lost with its choice of other half. Fortunately, the obliging sommelier was there to recommend Domaine des Aubuisières Cuvée Alexandre Moelleux with nose of tangerine skin, melon and pear and creamy palate, showing great concentration and weight with super length. The other surprise of the evening was it too paired off well with my chocolate truffle soufflé as it has comparable sweetness and right acidity to balance.




Believe me,
I cannot claim credit for this.

And,
they spelt my surname wrongly.

It's not CHUA.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah... I don't understand half of what you wrote.

蓝月 said...

haha... i guess the organisers of that contest particularly love the way words are "atas-ly" written.